Christmas is over, and 2019 is right around the corner, so what are you going to do to spice up this upcoming year? Now is the perfect time to add something into your life to better yourself!
One easy way to improve yourself this New Year is to add a healthy smoothie to your diet. Enjoying a healthy smoothie every day has not only helped with my weight loss but my overall mood as well. I consider drinking one of these bad boys essential to giving me clearer skin, more energy, and stopping my junk food cravings! They are perfect for a quick on-the-go breakfast, a post-workout rejuvenation fix, or just knowing that you did something good for your body! I swear these little guys are therapy for the mind, I typically call it my happy juice!
Here is my recipe for my favorite smoothie:
- Frozen Fruit – Fruit is essential in making smoothies. There are many different mixes and combinations of frozen fruit bags, so just go with your favorite! I typically go with a berry blend because berries are high in antioxidants!
- Spinach – Many people are turned off by the fact of drinking greens. To be honest, I cannot even tell that spinach leaves are in this delicious treat! You can substitute any dark greens of your choice.
- Plant-Based Protein Powder – I recommend a plant-based protein powder versus others because it is better for your digestive system.
- Flaxseed/Chia Seeds – These are great for digestion and losing weight!
- Almonds – A small handful of almonds add flavor!
- Turmeric – A dash of turmeric powder is an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory. It also has been researched to help improve depression!
- Alma Powder – Alma Powder does wonderful things for your body such as increases metabolism, fights heart disease and boosts your immune system.
* If the flavor is not sweet enough for you, I encourage to add the nature sweetener, Stevia!
The beauty of smoothies are that there are no specific guidelines you have to follow; you can make them your own! I recommend having at least fruit and spinach in starting your smoothie process.
I find that preparing and knowing the ingredients of your food is the key to good health. Smoothies are what really kick-started me into having a desire for healthy foods. I can tell when my body goes a few days without having one, I begin to crave the benefits of what this little happy juice has to offer! I promise if you add smoothies into your routine, you will start to crave healthy food, increase your mood and energy, and notice weight loss! I hope 2019 is your best year yet!